Intro

This is a blog about our holiday to Europe in 2014. We started off our travels in Venice, where we began a cruise of the Adriatic and Aegean seas, ending in Rome. We then travelled from Rome to the Netherlands by rail, stopping in various places along the way. We are: Me - Gill, my husband - Grant, my daughter - Paula; my father - Neil and his partner - Astrid. We are South Africans, from the lovely province of Kwa-Zulu Natal. Our friends Lisa and Trevor joined us from the UK for the cruise portion of our holiday.

Navigate using the labels on the right =>

Click on images and text boxes to enlarge



Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day at sea

Today was a sea day, so we slept in until 08:00 - very unlike us, but soooo welcome!  When we were finally up and about we headed to the Aquaspa cafe for breakfast and then found a spot in our favourite place in the Solarium, where we relaxed with our books and sudoku (we have formed a habit of picking up the daily sudoku from guest relations)






our "happy place" is that chair right there beside the whirlpool



our location at some point during the day today

Paula and I bought T-shirts and we then went and did the Mile for Breast Cancer Research walk on the jogging track, it was a lot of fun and for a good cause.



Paula had a burger from the Mast Grill for lunch and I ate a salad at Aqua Spa (my body is telling me it's time for some healthy grub!)

We watched the Hot Glass Show at 3 pm - we watched quite a few of the Hot Glass shows during our cruise, they are amazing.   And the men blowing the glass were very pretty too!  The photos here are from a show we watched one night, didn't take any today unfortunately!  





Dinner was in the Main Diningroom... and my healthy food trend didn't continue... I had a very good supper and something like my 10th creme brulee of the cruise.....!

Loved our sea day, it was so relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment